- "I have a distressed vintage wooden tray propped up on the bar with the words Langford Cellars. This became the inspiration for the family winery in my fictitious village of White Oak - Carolynn and Adam Langford. With my computer screen I’m ready to write. With smooth jazz in the background, my fingers fly across my keyboard."
- "Not a sliver of cooling shade to be had, and although the wind wasn't helping, my large umbrella did the trick. I wasn’t sure if all the eyes that watched me were envious of my shade, or waiting for me to take flight as I struggled with the umbrella to stay grounded."
- "Karibou will always live in between the pages of these books."
- "We were talking about the ghost from the well. Do you believe in ghosts?”
- "No matter the passing of time or the distance between, home has a way of finding you."