- "Because of my comittment to our family businesses, it was a long process to publication this time. Don't give up your dream!"
- "A dream is a precious gift. With time and fuel and elbow grease a dream becomes a goal with a target. Every day I asked God to bless my efforts, and to guide me. I asked Him for his blessing on this bumpy journey and I promised I would attempt to put some light into the world, even if it’s only a small flame."
- "On our journey we untimately learn the seeds of success are belief in self. Many times there are just no hands to hold."
- "My Mom was not really like other Moms at all. Being original was nearly her religion, which offered up a few challenges when you were just trying to fit in."
- "Change was the catalyst that started me on this journey. Like a security blanket, journaling saved my sanity more times than I can count. It was during a particularly difficult time for me that I had to dive even deeper inside myself to cope."
- "I have a distressed vintage wooden tray propped up on the bar with the words Langford Cellars. This became the inspiration for the family winery in my fictitious village of White Oak - Carolynn and Adam Langford. With my computer screen I’m ready to write. With smooth jazz in the background, my fingers fly across my keyboard."